Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Saturated in Love

Where God 's love is there is no fear, because God's perfect love drives out fear.
1 John 4:18

We fear rejection, so we follow the crowd. We fear not fitting in, so we take the drugs. For fear of standing out, we wear what everyone else wears. For fear of blending in, we wear what anyone else wears. For fear of sleeping alone. we sleep with anyone. For fear of being not loved, we search for love in all the wrong places. But God flushes those fears. Those saturated in God's love don't sell out to win the love of others. They don't even sell out to win the love of God. Do you think you need to? Do you think, If I cuss less, pray more, drink less, study more.. If I try harder, God will love me more? Sniff  and smell Satan's stench behind those words. We all need improvements, but we don't need to woo God's love. We change because we already have God's love. God's perfect love.

Today, I read this from the book of Max Lucado entitled Grace for the moment. It's a book where in each day there are Inspirational thoughts like this. While I'm reading it, I was struck and so I'm sharing it. While I'm typing it naman, nashock ako kase kanina di ko nabasa yung chapter and verse and to tell you, It's my number kase birthday ko yan. So feeling ko parang God is speaking to me talaga.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

back to top